Pure announces Jongo S340B: The world's first mainstream multiroom speaker
London, 10th October 2012: Pure announces Jongo S340B, an affordable portable wireless speaker with Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity and 360° sound - and the first product to be announced as part of the Jongo wireless system - the world’s first mainstream multiroom audio product family.
The Pure Jongo S340B portable, rechargeable wireless speaker (SRP £149.99) can be used on its own or grouped together with other Jongo speakers to deliver the most affordable multiroom audio system on the market today. Jongo products use Wi-Fi to stream perfectly synchronised audio within a single or multiroom environment.
Bluetooth is included for more informal, one-to-one streaming which is ideal for use in the garden or for sharing the fun with friends. The perfect addition to any social gathering, Jongo S340B can really ‘get the party started!’
The Pure Jongo S340B offers rich, detailed and vibrant sound despite its pint-sized proportions and comes with four tweeters for 360° sound, and an upward-firing subwoofer for powerful bass. Thanks to its five speakers and individual power amplifiers, Jongo has surprisingly punchy audio and with a simple press of the “audio” button on the rear of the unit, the user can select flexible audio profiles to make the most of any environment including 360° sound for community listening (stereo or mono); forward facing stereo or outdoor boost.
A rechargeable battery pack is included as standard and provides up to ten hours of listening per charge.
Coming soon: The option to stream audio content from a USB drive is coming soon via a free software update.
Jongo S340B is part of Pure’s growing Jongo multiroom audio product family, which is made up of a series of contemporary attractive products including a growing range of wireless speakers and a hi-fi adapter*.
The Jongo Wireless System:
• Expand wirelessly: Pure’s Jongo family allows the user to purchase a single product and stream audio content within a single room, or expand wirelessly at their leisure across multiple speakers and/or multiple rooms with additional Jongo or Jongo compatible products.
• Convenience and control: Controlling Pure’s multiroom ecosystem couldn’t be easier thanks to the new Pure Connect iOS and Android apps, which have been designed with content at their heart to deliver a truly immersive and engaging user-experience.
• Flexibility: An increasing number of Pure’s music streaming products including Sensia 200D Connect, Contour 200i Air, and One Flow can be seamlessly integrated into Pure’s Jongo multiroom ecosystem. Selected products such as Sensia 200D Connect and One Flow can even be used to control the multiroom audio.
• Limitless content: The Pure Connect apps allow users to stream music stored on their personal device, unlimited music via the Pure Music** on-demand music service, music stored on their home network system or connected PCs and Macs, and a world of audio (internet radio, podcasts, listen again programmes and ambient sounds).
• Sound quality: All Jongo products naturally benefit from Pure’s heritage in affordable quality audio and dedicated audio engineering team to deliver a full and rich, room-filling sound.
The Pure Jongo S340B will be in store from November and will be available in black, white and a range of eye catching colours including lime green, mango and burnt orange.
For more information, please visit www.pure.com, www.pureconnect.com or call 0845 1489001.
*A hi-fi adapter and further wireless speakers will be added to the Pure Jongo multiroom audio system in the coming months.
**Pure Music is Pure’s on demand music service, which allows unlimited music streaming from one of the biggest cloud-based catalogues available covering almost every conceivable artist and genre for a monthly subscription of £4.99.
Pure is a world leading consumer electronics manufacturer and leads the way in wireless music and radio systems and entertainment cloud services with the Pure Connect portal www.pureconnect.com as well as innovating in new areas such as the TV set top box market. Designed and engineered in the UK, all of Pure’s products are manufactured with the environment in mind and at ethically audited facilities. Pure is a division of Imagination Technologies Group plc. See www.pure.com.
Vicky Hewlett tel +44 (0)1923 260 511
Imagination Technologies e-mail: Vicky.firstname.lastname@example.org
Home Park Estate
Herts WD4 8LZ