VideoLogic Neon 250 Now Shipping
VideoLogic - the international company that develops, designs and supplies market-leading 2D/3D graphics, video and audio technologies and products - has today announced the shipping of its Neon 250 graphics card. Neon 250 is available from VideoLogic's network of distributors, resellers and retailers for just £106 (UK RRP, excluding VAT) / $169 (USA).
Originally announced with 16MB of memory the Neon 250 will now ship with 32MB of high performance SDRAM memory at no additional cost to the end user.
Kevin Dale, marketing and sales director, VideoLogic Systems, says: "VideoLogic always strives to provide the very best value possible. Neon 250's PowerVR 250 processor is the same ground-breaking PowerVR Series2 technology found in the latest arcade machines and Sega's Dreamcast console. Now with 32MB of memory the Neon 250 is the essential card for PC gamers."
Leading UK PC magazine Personal Computer World presented a 16MB version of the Neon 250 with its Recommended Award in the July 1999 issue, saying: "Its advanced features, high performance and superb image quality make it a winner."
The VideoLogic Neon 250 features the NEC PowerVR 250 graphics processor with full 2X AGP support and integrated 250MHz RAMDAC and now comes with 32MB of high performance SDRAM memory running at 125MHz.
Neon 250 is based on the PowerVR 250 chip, part of the PowerVR Series2 family designed by VideoLogic Technology and NEC. Other PowerVR Series2 chips are used in Sega's Dreamcast console, the Sega Naomi arcade system and on the R-Cade Vision 250 from VideoLogic for the ArcadePC platform.VideoLogic Customer Upgrade Program
In conjunction with Neon 250 shipping, VideoLogic will also begin taking orders for a customer upgrade program. All customers of VideoLogic's Apocalypse 3D, 3Dx, 5D and 5D Sonic boards can upgrade to the new Neon 250 at a saving of 25% on the RRP. This offer is only available directly from VideoLogic with proof of purchase. This offer will run until the 30th November 1999. This offer is now running - click for details.
Neon 250 Features
Powerful 2D Engine
Powerful 3D Engine
- Full ROP, text and line primitives
- Full VGA compatibility
- YUV to RGB colour space conversion
- Colour key overlay
Full Triangle & Texture Setup
- Tile based reduced bandwidth rendering engine
- 32-bit floating point Z-buffering calculation function with no performance penalty
- Up to 4 million polygons/sec (forward facing delivered to the screen)
- Huge effective fill rates for scenes with high- complexity
32 MB of SDRAM Memory
250 MHz RAMDAC
1024 x 768 x 32 @ 120 Hz
1920 x 1440 x 16 @ 60 Hz
125MHz Clock Speed
Alpha + Multipass Blending
- Full polygon setup engine
- Bus mastered parameter fetch
- Advanced texturing (Bi-linear, Tri-linear, Anisotropic, Bump-mapping)
- True colour 32 bpp pipeline
- Translucency sorting
- Image super-sampling/scene anti-aliasing
- Loadable per pixel table fog
- Specular highlights with offset colours
- Multitexturing support
- Colour key and alpha blended textures
- D3D and OpenGL blend modes
- Environment mapping
- 2X AGP (133 MHz) with sideband addressing
PC 99 Support
- Windows 95 and Windows 98
- Microsoft DirectX 5.0 & 6.0
- GLQuake (for games)
- PowerSGL Direct
- PCI Power Management
- VBE 3.0 BIOS