This Sunday (October 26th) at 2 am sees the end of British Summer Time and the clocks moving back an hour to make our mornings lighter (hopefully making it easier for us to get out of bed!). The clocks change twice a year, going forward in the spring and then back again in the autumn, so to mark this occasion we’ve created a fun infographic with some interesting facts about the change back into Greenwich Median Time.
With the bustle of everyday life, it’s hard to keep a track of when these changes take place. Luckily, if you happen to own a Pure digital radio this stress is taken away. If you don’t, you’re spoilt for choice, as all of our digital radios automatically update to the time change. Have a look at our range here.
To celebrate that ever crucial extra hour in bed, we are holding a competition! To enter simply Tweet us, comment on Facebook or comment on Instagram on how you plan on spending your extra hour this weekend. We are looking for the most creative and interesting answers.
We have two prizes to give away, one Evoke D2 Mio for the runner up and one Evoke D4 Mio for the winner! Pure’s Evoke D2 and D4 Mios feature stylish interchangeable grilles in seven different colours, making it easy to match your radio to your décor. Both radios have alarm functions, making them perfect for your bedside table. The D4 Mio even comes with a touch sensitive snoozehandle if you’re not up for facing the cold mornings just yet.
- This competition starts at 11.00am BST on the 22nd October 2014 and will run continuously until 11.59pm GMT on 28th October 2014, when the competition closes.
- Entrants will be required to submit an answer to our question “How are you going to spend your extra hour this weekend?” Entrants should tweet @PURE_Insider with their answer, or comment on either Pure’s Facebook page (www.facebook.com/PURE) or Instagram account (@PURE_Insider) with their response.
- Winners will be selected by our judging panel based on the creativity of their answers.
- The main prize is an Evoke D4 Mio with Bluetooth. One runner up will receive an Evoke D2 Mio with Bluetooth.
- Winners will be asked to provide pictures of themselves with the prize for use on our social media outlets (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest).
- Each winner will be contacted via social media and announced on Pure’s Facebook page and blog insider.pure.com on or around 29th October 2014.
- This competition is subject to the Standard Competition Terms and Conditions set out below.
Standard Competition Terms and Conditions
- The promoter of the competition is: Pure (Imagination Technologies Limited), Imagination House, Home Park Estate, Kings Langley, Herts, WD4 8LZ (“we”, “us” or “our”).
- Your entry in the competition constitutes your acceptance of these legally binding terms and conditions.
- In order to be eligible to win, you must:
- be over 18 years of age and resident in the United Kingdom;
- have access to the internet; and
- not be one of our employees or an employee of our associated companies (including their family/household members).
- Only one entry per person is permitted, unless otherwise stated. Automated entries will be invalidated, including multiple entries from the same IP address or telephone number range.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries that are not received by us.
- Names of the winners may be used by us for promotional and publicity purposes, unless you otherwise notify us at the time of submitting your entry. Winners may be requested to take part in or co-operate with reasonable publicity.
- Your personal data will be used strictly to administer the competition or otherwise only with your consent and will be handled in accordance with current UK data protection legislation.
- No cash alternative or alternative prize(s) are available on request but in the event the advertised competition prize(s) are unavailable we reserve the right to offer alternative prize(s) of equal or greater value. Prizes are non-transferable.
- The competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. You understand and agree that you are providing your information to us and not to Facebook. By entering the competition, you release Facebook from any action or claim arising out of the competition. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the competition must be directed to us, not Facebook.
- We will not be liable for any damage, loss or disappointment suffered by any person taking part or not being able to take part in a competition. By participating in the competition, to the extent permissible by law you release us from any and all claims, damages or liabilities arising from or relating to the acceptance of any prizes in connection with your participation in the promotion. Nothing in this clause shall act so as to exclude our liability for death or personal injury as a result of our negligence. We are not liable in the event that any portion of the promotion is cancelled due to weather, fire, strike, acts of war or terrorism, or any other condition beyond their control.
- We may, at our sole discretion, disqualify you from the competition on the basis of any fraudulent, rude, abusive, or otherwise inappropriate behaviour.
- Our decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- These terms and conditions are governed by English law.