Title: Product Manager
Location: Kings Langley, Herts, UK
Department: Product Operations
The role will have core responsibility for the management of the consumer electronics roadmap, including long term planning, range architecture, and model specification in line with consumer trends and competitor activity.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the management of the brand's range of consumer electronics product sold across Europe - including long and mid-term planning, input into product development and projects and in life management. A passion for product and product development is essential.
The planning will involve range architecture, market requirement specifications, analysis of syndicated market data, feature and benefit propositioning, creative development of product assets, such as box and literature. It will also include input into product design, UX, associated accessories, marketing materials and training.
The role will also own the product partnership management, and work with design partners to develop limited edition models and manage the relationship and contracts with these partners.
Ad hoc responsibilities also include presentations at industry events and supporting of high-level product demonstrations for external visitors and customers.
Required skills and capabilities:
- A logical and objective approach to product management
- The ability to think and articulate strategically
- A proven track record of delivering within pressured environments
- The ability to multi-task within tight time timescales
- Experience of B2C markets, ideally within Consumer Electronics or Audio
- Experience of user experience/user interface concepts and design methodologies
- Exceptional inter-personal and communication skills
- Excellent numerical, analytical and commercial skills
- A high degree of literacy
- The ability to work in a highly technical environment and understand, deconstruct and communicate relatively complex technical concepts
- The ability to run an effective and streamlined organisation which is capable to scale on an international level
- Excellent knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint
- Fluency in one or more foreign languages
- Experience with Adobe CS
- Experience within the audio CE industry
A leading consumer electronics manufacturer driving the revolution in digital radio and entertainment. The company is a dynamic brand with a proactive workforce and mind-set, having grown from an earlier incarnation in consumer electronics. There is a very strong technical focus within the company, which increasingly needs to be balanced with more commercial emphasis.
The working environment across the company is informal but professional, with debate encouraged within and between the various teams resulting in a very collegiate and collaborative feel within the offices. Despite the informality however, there is strong pressure to deliver to challenging budgets and deadlines meaning that staff are regularly asked to perform above the call of duty.
The candidate will be office based, however as this is an international role, some international (European) travel is required.
The successful candidate will have significant industry experience in an international consumer-facing product development and sales organisation.